In February, a few days after performing on the Grammy Awards, Elton Johnremained in New York to take part in an all-star tribute to him.
Elton John: I'm Still Standing—A GRAMMY Salute airs tonight (Tuesday) at 9 ET/PT and 8 CT on CBS and CBS All Access.
Among those who took part were Ed Sheeran, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Little Big Town, John Legend, Chris Martin and Elton, who closed the show, which was staged in the Theater at Madison Square Garden.
Speaking about that night, Ed Sheeran says, "Elton has had many different impacts on my life in all the different stages of my life so far. From youth it’s been getting me interested in music by listening to the songs, and teenage years getting me into songwriting by being influenced by the songs, and in adult life it’s sort of helping me charter this weird little music industry game -- helping me out basically. So it’s been quite a journey." Elton was part of Sheeran's management team until earlier this year.
Here's a rundown of the songs performed on the special:
- "The Bitch Is Back" - Miley Cyrus
- "Candle in the Wind" - Ed Sheeran
- "Daniel" - Sam Smith
- "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues" - Alessia Cara
- "Your Song" - Lady Gaga
- "Rocket Man" - Little Big Town
- "Border Song" - Christopher Jackson & Valerie Simpson
- "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" - SZA & Shawn Mendes
- "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" - Maren Morris
- "We All Fall in Love Sometimes" - Chris Martin
- "My Father's Gun" - Miranda Lambert
- "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" - Kesha
- "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" - John Legend
- "I'm Still Standing" - Elton John and ensemble