DSL Dire Straits Legacy, a tribute band featuring some former members, will play seven U.S. dates late next month into early October.
Led by keyboardist Alan Clark, who was one of the six members inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, DSL also features three other former members -- percussionist Danny Cummings, saxophone player Mel Collins and guitarist Phil Palmer. Joining them are Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers drummer Steve Ferrone [pr: fuh-ROH-nee] and, from The Buggles and Yes, bassist Trevor Horn.
In addition to digging into the Straits' catalog, DSL will play songs off their new album, 3 Chord Trick.
- 9/26 - Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern
- 9/28 - Riverside, CA - Fox Performing Arts Center
- 9/29 - St. Charles, MO - Family Arena
- 10/2 - St. Charles, IL - Arcada Theatre
- 10/4 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Parker Playhouse
- 10/5 - St. Petersburg, FL - Mahaffey Theater
- 10/6 - Westbury, NY - NYCB Theater at Westbury
- Although Straits founding member Mark Knopfler tours the U.S. every few years, a full-on Straits show has not hit these shores since the '80s.