The Louder website, home to England's Classic Rock magazine, conducted a poll asking what rock album is the greatest ever. Unlike most polls, which offer voters a finite list of titles to choose from, this one allowed you to pick any album at all. So, after all that, Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon came out on top.
The Top 10 is as follows:
- The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
- Appetite for Destruction - Guns n' Roses
- Back in Black - AC/DC
- Master of Puppets - Metallica
- IV - Led Zeppelin
- A Night at the Opera - Queen
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
- Powerage - AC/DC
- The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
- Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin
In addition to AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, both of whom scored two discs in the Top 10, other artists with multiple albums in the Top 50 include The Beatles, Black Sabbath and Floyd.
Among the artists who failed to crack the Top 50 are Judas Priest, Genesis and Boston.