Does Steve Miller have a crystal ball along with a collection of Les Paul guitars?
A column onYahoo Entertainment suggests that Miller's classic song "Rock'n Me" made a series of football predictions that all came true.
Of course, it takes a little imagination to verify what the lyrics appear to say. But then again, there are several interesting coincidences:
"I went from Phoenix, Arizona / All the way to Tacoma / Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A. / Northern California, where the girls are warm / So I could be with my sweet baby, yeah."
- The Patriots lost to the Giants in Super Bowl 42 -- which was played in the Phoenix suburb of Glendale, Arizona.
- The Pats went “all the way” seven years later to get by the Seahawks, who play 35 minutes from Tacoma -- S-B 49.
- Tom Brady and his bunch beat the Atlanta Falcons two years after that in Super Bowl 51.
- Philadelphia? Yep, the Patriots played, but lost to the Eagles in Super Bowl 52 and then defeated the L.A. Rams earlier this year in Super Bowl 53.
- It's a bit of a stretch, but fun.