"Forbes"has released its annual list of the 100 Highest Paid Athletes in the World. Soccer player LIONEL MESSI made the most money over the past year, with an estimated take of $127 million.
Soccer players nabbed the Top Three spots . . . but the Top 100 featured players from ten different sports.
NBA stars occupy the most spots, with 35 of the 100, led by LeBron James at #8. Football was the next most-represented sport with 19 players . . . followed by baseball with 15, and soccer with 12.
There are 25 different countries represented, which is up from 22 last year. And not surprisingly, Americans dominate the list with 62 in the Top 100.
"Forbes'" estimated earnings include prize money, salaries, and bonuses raked in between June 1st of last year and June 1 of this year.
Here's the Top 10:
1. Lionel Messi, $127 million, Soccer
2. Cristiano Ronaldo, $109 million, Soccer
3. Neymar, $105 million, Soccer
4. Canelo Alvarez, $94 million, Boxing
5. Roger Federer, $93.4 million, Tennis
6. Russell Wilson, $89.5 million, Football
7. Aaron Rodgers, $89.3 million, Football
8. LeBron James, $89 million, Basketball
9. Stephen Curry, $79.8 million, Basketball
10. Kevin Durant, $65.4 million, Basketball
Serena Williams is the highest paid female athlete taking in $18MM